Tags et Filtres
Résultats de la recherche3 résultat(s) trouvé(s) Trier par
Date de publication:28 Septembre 2006
Malaria, dengue fever, Rift Valley fever, West Nile virus and Chikungunya are all mosquito-borne diseases. What can we do to control these insects capable of spreading viruses throughout entire regions? Emerging alternatives to aggressive solutions are increasingly relying on space-based tools. Culling livestock or eradicating mosquitoes across an entire region is a costly business and can sometimes have harmful effects. But less radical solutions are now proving their worth, in particular mitigation and near-real-time monitoring using early-warning systems.
Date de publication:14 Janvier 2009
In September and October 2009, 18 drifting balloons will be released to acquire measurements in the stratosphere. Twelve of them will release 600 parachuted dropsondes to establish vertical profiles of the troposphere.
Date de publication:12 Août 2009
In 1947, the 1st airborne measurements began aiding scientists studying Earth’s atmosphere. Today, the SAFIRE joint research unit created in 2004 fulfils this data collection function.
- Safire (1) Apply Safire filter
- Troposphere (1) Apply Troposphere filter
- Atmosphere (1) Apply Atmosphere filter
- Cnrs (1) Apply Cnrs filter
- Insu (1) Apply Insu filter
- Marc pontaud (1) Apply Marc pontaud filter
- Didier renaut (2) Apply Didier renaut filter
- A-train (1) Apply A-train filter
- Calipso (1) Apply Calipso filter
- Smos (1) Apply Smos filter
- Amma (1) Apply Amma filter
- Polarcat (1) Apply Polarcat filter
- Archive Remove Archive filter Archive