Tags and filters
Search results3 item(s) found Sort by
Publishing date:December 27, 2006
Three months after launch, CNES’s COROT stellar seismology and exoplanet hunting mission is poised to reach a highly symbolic milestone. In a few days’ time, the project team that has watched over the satellite from its design stage will hand over to controllers tasked with operating it through to the end of the mission.
Publishing date:January 16, 2009
Thanks to CNES’s CoRoT space telescope, which recently completed its 2nd year of observations, 5 exoplanets have already been identified and scientists are learning more every day about the inner structure of stars. Next up: the discovery of an Earth-like planet might not be far away.
- CoRoT (3) Apply CoRoT filter
- exoplanet Remove exoplanet filter exoplanet
- Stellar (2) Apply Stellar filter
- Sismology (2) Apply Sismology filter
- Christophe donny (1) Apply Christophe donny filter
- Annie Baglin (1) Apply Annie Baglin filter
- Pierre barge (1) Apply Pierre barge filter
- archive (2) Apply archive filter
Publishing date:June 24, 2013
After a mission that lasted twice as long as planned, CNES’s CoRoT spacecraft—capable of listening to the music of the heavens and hunting for exoplanets—is to be retired from service. Its remarkable haul of results has enabled scientists to progress from detecting exoplanets to studying them in close detail, while opening a new window into the inner workings of stars.