Tags and filters
Search results5 item(s) found Sort by
Publishing date:February 14, 2006
The launch of the Nasa/CNES Calipso satellite, postponed last autumn due to strike action at Boeing, is finally set to take place this week from Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB), California. We take a look at how Calipso has been preparing for the big day.
Publishing date:April 19, 2006
Launch day is fast approaching for Calipso! Friday 21 April, the French-U.S. satellite will be orbited from Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, ending a wait of several months after a series of postponements.
Publishing date:May 3, 2006
After a series of delays, the operational teams were growing impatient for the day they could announce the successful launch of the Calipso satellite and its 1st in-orbit operations. The sense of relief was tangible, following months of waiting that kept the teams on tenterhooks until the last few seconds…
Publishing date:June 1, 2006
One month after launch, Calipso has joined the A-Train constellation of 6 French-U.S. atmosphere-observing satellites. Calipso’s instruments are being checked out and brought into service. The satellite is set to be fully operational in the days ahead and is already beaming back its 1st images.
Publishing date:August 12, 2009
In 1947, the 1st airborne measurements began aiding scientists studying Earth’s atmosphere. Today, the SAFIRE joint research unit created in 2004 fulfils this data collection function.
- Safire (1) Apply Safire filter
- Troposphere (1) Apply Troposphere filter
- Atmosphere Remove Atmosphere filter Atmosphere
- Cnrs (1) Apply Cnrs filter
- Insu (1) Apply Insu filter
- Marc pontaud (1) Apply Marc pontaud filter
- Didier renaut (1) Apply Didier renaut filter
- A-train (2) Apply A-train filter
- Calipso (5) Apply Calipso filter
- Smos (1) Apply Smos filter
- Amma (1) Apply Amma filter
- Polarcat (1) Apply Polarcat filter
- Archive (5) Apply Archive filter