Tags and filters
Search results3 item(s) found Sort by
Publishing date:August 20, 2010
The Concordiasi campaign set to begin on 2 September aims to enhance our understanding of the air masses over the ‘White Continent’ and improve satellite observations.
- Concordiasi (2) Apply Concordiasi filter
- Mac murdo (1) Apply Mac murdo filter
- Antarctic (1) Apply Antarctic filter
- Pole (1) Apply Pole filter
- South (1) Apply South filter
- Vorcore (2) Apply Vorcore filter
- Balloon (1) Apply Balloon filter
- Stratosphere (1) Apply Stratosphere filter
- Dropsonde (2) Apply Dropsonde filter
- Iasi Remove Iasi filter Iasi
- METOP (2) Apply METOP filter
Publishing date:April 12, 2006
This July, a Soyuz launcher will orbit the 1st of 3 European MetOp1 weather satellites. MetOp-A will be carrying the IASI2 instrument developed by CNES in partnership with Eumetsat3 to bring meteorologists new atmospheric measurements of unmatched quality. The satellite is now preparing to leave EADS Astrium’s facility in Toulouse, France, for its launch site.
Publishing date:January 14, 2009
In September and October 2009, 18 drifting balloons will be released to acquire measurements in the stratosphere. Twelve of them will release 600 parachuted dropsondes to establish vertical profiles of the troposphere.