The postholder will report to the Division Head and will have the following duties :
• Preparing the building projects entrusted to him/her (new works or major maintenance),
• Implementing portfolio construction and/or refurbishment operations from design through to delivery of the works,
• Planning and supervising the works,
• Ensuring that works are carried out in accordance with contractual clauses by verifying compliance with technical and scheduling requirements,
• Verifying application of standards and techniques for the use of materials and equipment, and dealing with administrative problems arising from the procurement process
• Monitoring any additional work and construction site contingencies,
• Coordinating activities between the contracting companies and the operators or occupants for work on existing buildings,
• Reporting on the progress of works to the Division Head,
• Verifying the lifting of reservations and the processing of anomalies during the one-year defects liability period.
Main internal and external contacts :
Internal: The postholder will liaise with all the CNES entities in French Guiana
External: The postholder will interact with the industrial companies and suppliers in the framework of any contracts for which he/she has responsibility.
The incumbent will also keep in close liaison with the contract’s officer and the project controller
• Applicants for this post should have a Master’s Degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in construction and public works engineering
• A good knowledge of standards and regulations in the area of activity: establishments open to the public, fire safety systems, facilities for the disabled, thermal and acoustic regulations, etc.,
• experience in conducting operations for building construction (all building trades) or restructuring, in construction site supervision and project management would be an asset
A good knowledge in French (spoken, read, written) and English is required.
Candidates should have good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment. They should demonstrate: willingness to commit, ability to work under pressure, ability to anticipate risks and to negotiate, aptitude for reporting, and self-motivation.
The Infrastructure and Assets Division reports to the Assistant Director for Administration and Assets Management, and is responsible for technical management of the entire real estate portfolio in French Guiana, outside the launch base. It is also in charge of projects organising the base's non-technical tertiary-sector real estate portfolio :
- implementing the development roadmap for the assets concerned (offices of the Technical Centre, hotels, residential accommodations, premises of associations, assets on the Iles du Salut, etc.),
- managing operations to construct new buildings and structures (including harbour infrastructures, landing stage) and renovate tertiary-sector buildings (excluding those with high technical added value),
- maintaining the entire real estate portfolio outside the Technical Centre (hotels, residential staff accommodation, premises of associations, assets on the Iles du Salut, etc.).
- proposing modernisation or refurbishment operations