A job offer for a Space Propulsion Engineer is available at the CNES-Launchers Directorate for duration of 18 months.
The holder will be in charge of turbo pump subs-system CFD analysis and design tools evaluation and development.
His attributions will cover:
- Turbo pump CFD activities:
- Performance of CFD analysis in the frame of Liquid propulsion engine Demonstrators. The CFD tool will be ANANAS.
- Identification of modelling limitation, proposition and implementation of CFD method improvement if any.
- Design tools activities - Evaluation and development of turbo pump and thrust chamber design tools needed due to new challenges coming from future liquid propulsion engines.
- ANOVA method development – development of new monte-carlo approach allowing a better sensitive parameters identification and an improved way to combined them.
He will work closely with the turbo pump specialist and the thrust chamber specialist.
Specific conditions: Short term travels in Europe may be possible.
JOB beginning date: As soon as possible.
Engineer or equivalent with strong knowledge in Fluid Mechanics, energetics, and CFD (ANANAS, Fluent).
LanguAGEs: French is essential, english usefull.
Good spirit of initiative and synthesis
Strength of proposal
- Good relationship and ability to communicate
Propulsion Equipment and Mechanism Department (EPM).
Within the technical subdirectorate of CNES Launcher Directorate (CNES/DLA/SDT), the Propulsion Equipment and Mecanism Department is in charge of conception, design and development of pyrotechnics systems, all main components for liquid propulsion system (turbo pump, chamber, gas generator, valves) as well as solid propulsion stages.