We want to conduct a comparative study of optimization solutions and their performances on different application profiles on a WAN Satellite context.
The goal is to compare different off the shelf solutions for network optimization on a satellite link depending on the type of applications used.
-Conduct a comparative study of WAN optimization products available on the market. Study their functionality regarding the Satcom context and current development opportunities. You will have the support of our internal R&D teams already working on the subject.
- Define and set up a test bench composed of available network and Satcom means to test several common applications with and without network optimization.
- Define test scenarios and develop a test book in order to test the applications and the network optimizations products
- Implement a suitable metrology solution
- Roll out the test campaign
- Characterize the observations and analyze the data.
The output of your work will be and input for deciding the products that will be used on our satellite communications demonstration and promotion activities.
You are on your last semester on a 5-year engineering degree or Master degree in Telecommunications or Network Engineering and looking for an internship for your final year project.
You have a sensibility for network communications and QoS techniques and wanting to work on satellite communications.
You are autonomous, ready to take initiative and propose new ideas and exchange them with the rest of the team.